Department of Agriculture have advised (https://www.agriculture.gov.au/import/industry-advice/2019/211-2019) that effective 1 January 2020 the following increases in fees applied to Full Import Declarations (FID) will be as following;
- Airfreight $33 increased to $38
- Seafreight $42 increased to $49
Increases are also being imposed on vessel operators as following;
- Vessels greater than or equal to 25 meters—arrival charge increase from $920 to $1054.
- Vessels less than 25 meters—arrival charge increase from $100 to $120.
In terms of activities covered under the fee increase, the Cost recovery implementation strategy: biosecurity 2019-20 (CRIS) states at 2.1. that this will pay for:
- assurance and verification activities;
- increased analytical and intelligence activities;
- provision of technical scientific advice; and
- import pest and disease risk mitigation planning.
The fees will automatically be collected through the lodgment & payment of an Importer’s FID, just as they have been previously.
Should you have any further questions regarding the Biosecurity fee increase, please contact your ACA International representative.